Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Warhammer 40k Space marine army list?

I am currently working on a space marine army and I am very new to the hobby. Here is my army list so far....



Troops:

Tactical Squad (x4)

Terminator Squad (x2)

Space Marine Command Squad Command

Jump infantry (x2)

Space Marine captain



Tanks and armor:

Whirlwind

Land Raider

Rhino (x2)

Dreadnought [assault cannon and power fist]



Any ideas? What do you have that works well against all armies?Warhammer 40k Space marine army list?
My advice would be to ditch the Command Squad as they rarely recoup their investment in points. Swap that and the Rhinos for five drop pods and switch the Dreadnought's Assault Cannon for a Multimelta. You can then put the Whirlwind and Land Raider in reserve (possibly putting a terminator squad in the Land Raider) before deploying four tac squad, the captain, the dread, at least one terminator squad and the Assault Squad by Deep Strike for a classic marine lightning assault. The Land Raider and Whirlwind.



For objective-based missions, you can deploy one or both terminator squads to contest objectives in your deployment zone and drop pods onto opposing objectives.Warhammer 40k Space marine army list?
PrecinctOmega's answer is spot on, and I would encourage voting for that as best answer - all I'd really like to add is that as an Ork and Tyranid player, I've seen the Thunderfire cannon used against me with really scary efficiency. The guy I was fighting against was relatively new to the game as well, and though he went the 'Marines on Bikes' route, his Techmarine w/ Thunderfire cannon always got my attention and really ruined my day. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment