Friday, March 9, 2012

Warhammer 40k - can I use a space marine captain model as Marneus Calgar?

I own a codex and am really interested in all of the HQ options for the space marines. I am low on funds and when playing with my friend I asked him if it was alright if I used a space marine captain as Marneus Calgar. I would use the correct point values and stats just using a space marine captain model to represent Calgar, as I don't have enough cash to afford the official miniature.



Although I allow him to use a shas 're as a shas o' he wont let me do something similar. I also was wondering if I could do the same thing with a Librarian and Tigurius?



He was being a total asshole about it too.



ThanksWarhammer 40k - can I use a space marine captain model as Marneus Calgar?
I would think most gamers have proxied (used another model, or toy, or counter, or empty soda can) to represent something else to try it out, or see how it works in their army.. sometimes whole armies are proxied. No gamer I know would have a problem with you doing it. It's a game of toy soldiers, it is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to pay it together and that is the view point Games Workshops games are written from. Tell him to stop being such a dick.Warhammer 40k - can I use a space marine captain model as Marneus Calgar?
Unless he is playing everything as what you see is what you get then you don't have to play what you see is what you get, as long as it is clear which model is which then it is fine.Warhammer 40k - can I use a space marine captain model as Marneus Calgar?
He's probably the only player anywhere who has a problem with it, nobody else would mind. There was a guy on WarSeer who once used GW tree scenery with googly eyes added as a TreeMen army in an official tournament. http://www.tinygigantic.com/wp-content/u鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment