Friday, March 9, 2012

Warhamer 40k space marine? HELP?

I just finished painting my 1500 point space marine army and i would like to add a little grass on the bases of each model so i went to GW and bought some grass i tried with GW plastic glue but it was a disaster please tell me what glue,if i have to paint before/after and how to make it look nice

PLEASE HELP me!!!!!!!Warhamer 40k space marine? HELP?
Where do I start? Terrain modeling and basing is a whole area of painting miniatures in itself.



This should help: http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/kb.php?鈥?/a>

Check out the basing guide on The One Ring.



For glueing grass or sand to the base you can use different glues; I normally use PVA (make sure it is the waterproof type) and apply it in spots but some people use nothing but superglue.



The trick to getting a nice looking effect is to apply the grass/earth/sand in small patches:



First, start by covering the base with "earth" or something (of course it might also be rocks or sand or pavement) so there is something to see beneath the grass. When the glue is dry (if you use PVA leave it for a full 24 hours) paint it brown and drybrush it for highlights.



Note* I use Games Workshop sands because although they are monstrously expensive for such tiny little pots they are just perfect for getting a realistic effect.



Take a cocktail stick and dab a few spots of PVA glue on the base, dip it into the basing mix (grass or whatever), shake it off and leave it to dry for a couple of hours.



If there isn't enough grass dab a few more spots of PVA onto the base and repeat the process. In real life, grass tends to grow in clumps and patches so it looks more realistic when you apply it in spots.



The guide on One Ring gives in-depth tutorials on more advanced effects.Warhamer 40k space marine? HELP?
I've never painted a marine in my life, and I've never even looked at a TT figurine in real life.

But I do know a bit about painting and glue.

I don't think it's a problem; all you need, I think, is some transparent type glue. I would say super glue. Use something to smear the glue all over the base and throw on the grass.





Get a second opinion, though. Yahoo doesn't have a good TT community. Try a Warhammer 40k oriented website; even one like the Dawn of War 2 Community, or even better, Bolter and Chainsword.Warhamer 40k space marine? HELP?
I've done this in the past for Tyranids and it has completely the same aspect. Just put super glue over the base of your model, avoiding putting glue on the feet, then sprinkle some artificial grass from citadel onto the base. Tap the base so any excess grass comes off and if you want to add shrubs then I advise using the green foam that comes on the trees.
  • smart
  • kbb used car value
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment