Friday, March 9, 2012

Space Wolves - Can I use regular Space Marine minis?

I have a bunch of old horribly painted Space Marine miniatures from my youth, including probably 2 or 3 regular squads, a terminator squad, a land speeder, some bikes, a dreadnought and a tank (can't remember the type of the tank). Wanting to get back into the hobby but save some money to start, and seeing as I am a much better and careful artist now, I've been stripping the paint job so I can start again.



I've been putting some thought into what chapter I want to make these Space Marines, right now I like the character of the Space Wolves but I heard Space Wolves kinda have their own thing going and have their own more specific models... does this mean I am limited from making my minis Space Wolves?



If I can't be Space Wolves, I'd like to perhaps go Salamanders or Imperial Fists, though I am still sketchy on the rules for various chapters and how their rules/requirements relate to the units you select for your army, though I am eager to get painting soon.Space Wolves - Can I use regular Space Marine minis?
There are specific Space Wolves models but it is perfectly acceptable to use generic Space Marine models instead or - you could rename that as a "successor chapter" but still use the same color scheme. For official tournaments you would need some official models (such as Ragnar Blackmane or Njal Stormcaller) but nobody would really care in friendly games.Space Wolves - Can I use regular Space Marine minis?
idk

No comments:

Post a Comment